Creating an account
To create an account, you will need a valid access code. Visit Getting a Code to find out how.
Provide contact information
We need some personal information to be able to test your samples and contact you. It is recommended, but not necessary, that you use your real identity. You will need to remember the identifiers that you used if you contact us about your account.
Your name will not appear on your lab form. A unique code (your Client Code) will be used to process your tests at the lab. Your Client Code will link your GetCheckedOnline account to an electronic chart in the clinical database at BCCDC. Your Client Code can be found at the top of your Account page in GetCheckedOnline.
- Valid email address: Used for account login, password reset, and to notify you when your test results are ready.
- Password: Used for account login.
- First and last name: For verifying your identity if we speak to you on the phone.
- Date of birth: Needed for your samples to be tested, and to verify your identity if we speak to you on the phone.
- Identified gender & sex assigned at birth: Needed for your samples to be tested, and used for clinical assessment.
Phone number: Used if we need to contact you about your results. Also used for optional
Security question: This can help protect your privacy. If you want to reset your password, you will be asked your security question.
City: Used to help us evaluate this service and if your results require follow-up.
Ethnicity: We would like to know your ethnicity to help us evaluate this service.
Consent to be contacted for evaluation purposes: With your consent, we will send you emails when there is an opportunity to participate in online surveys or other kinds of evaluation. We will send you information by email only.
Verify Email address
You will be sent an email to verify your email address. When your results are ready, you will be notified by email, so it is important we have your correct email.
When you get the verification email, click the link in the message and sign in. This will activate your account. If you didn’t get an email, we recommend you check the “junk” or “spam” folder.
Maintain your account
Once your account is set up, you can access it by signing in on the home page. You can go to your account when you want to:
- create a new lab form,
- check test results,
- review your testing history,
- reset your testing reminder options,
- or make changes to the information or security settings on your account.
If you forget your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link on the home page, and follow the instructions provided. If you are having issues with your account, you can
contact us for support.
If you delete your account and then want to use the service again, you will need to create a new account. A new account will start a new testing history for you. It will not be connected to your old account. You can use the same email address or a different one.