If you would like more information or need to talk with someone, there are a number of places where you can get help.
About your results
Talk to someone
- BC Nurse Line: Call 8-1-1 any time (24 hours) to speak with a nurse from anywhere in BC.
- Crisis Line: Call 1-800-784-2433 any time (24 hours) if you feel distressed and need immediate help.
- 1-800-SEX-SENSE: Call 1-800-739-7367. Free, confidential, non-judgmental and anonymous information from nurses, sex experts and trained volunteers.
- SmartSexResource: Connect online with a BCCDC nurse through a chat session or email.
- BC Counselors Association: Find a counselor in your area of BC.
Find more information
- SmartSexResource: A British Columbia Center for Disease Control website with information about sexually transmitted infections, getting tested and safer sex.
- Options for Sexual Health BC: Information and support around sexual health, birth control and reproductive choices.
- BC HealthLink: Find information about different STIs, testing and where to find help and support.
- Pacific Hepatitis C Network: Information and support for people living with hepatitis C in British Columbia.
- HPV Info: Information on HPV for teens, adults, parents, teachers and health professionals.
- AIDS Vancouver: Prevention and support in BC for people with HIV, their partners and family members.
- Health Initiative for Men: A community-based organization dedicated to strengthening the health and well-being of gay men.
- Oak Tree Clinic: BC Women's Hospital outpatient care for HIV positive pregnant women.
- Positive Living BC: Support for HIV positive individuals in BC.
- Sexuality and U: Information on HIV and AIDS.
- YouthCo: A community-driven organization run by and for youth that seeks to engage, educate and empower young people living with or at-risk of HIV and Hep C.A