|Personal information collected||
How it is used|
Email address||To sign-in to your account, password reset, and to notify you when results are ready. This is never shared with other services or programs, and you will only be contacted if:|
- It is needed for your clinical care.
- You opted-in to important program updated or research (ie. surveys)
- You contact us with your email address and we are responding
- To sign-in to your account.
No one has access to your password but you.
|First and Last name|
- To verify your identity if we speak to you on the phone.
- It does not need to match your legal documents, and will not appear on your lab form.
- Your name is not attached to your lab samples, and is not used for reporting.
- If we speak to you on the phone.
Date of birth|
- Provincial requirement for samples to be tested, and to verify your identity if we speak to you on the phone.
|Phone number (optional, highly recommended)|
- If we need to contact you about your results.
- Also used for optional security settings.
- To refer you for treatment if your results require follow-up.
- To help us evaluate the service.
- For the assessment, your clinical care, program evaluation, and anonymized reporting.
- This will not appear on your lab form
|Gender on lab form|
- Provincial requirement for samples to be tested.
- It does not need to match your legal documents.
- For program evaluation and anonymized reporting
Security question (optional)|
- This can help protect your privacy. If you want to reset your password, you will be asked your security question.
- No one has access to your security question but you.
GetCheckedOnline code (QQ code)|
- This unique code is automatically generated when you create an account. It is used to identify the lab samples attached to your account.
- It is used instead of your name to identify your lab samples and results.
|Responses to the sexual health assessment questions|
- Some questions are used to determine test recommendations or educational messages.
- If your results require follow-up, the nurse who contacts you may refer to these to support your clinical care.
My Test Results|
- Only your QQ code, date of birth, and lab form gender are attached to your lab samples and results.
- Your lab results are matched to your BCCDC Clinic record (all results) and GetCheckedOnline account (negative results only).
- Positive results are anonymously reported to public health.
- If you need treatment, you may need to provide your full identifiers depending on which infection you have or where you go for treatment. You can talk to the nurse who contacts you about options.